History of the Havelock-Craven County Public Library
Organized in 1958 by the American Association of University Women, community members helped fill the shelves by donating their own books to the initial collection of about 2,000 titles. The library was located in the County Building at 300 Miller St, and open 3 days a week with Mrs. Fred Houser as Librarian.
The library moved to its current location on the Havelock campus of Craven Community College, 301 Cunningham Blvd, in Feb 2004. The Library currently has approximately 29,000 items in its collection which includes much more than books.